Mike Gorman – Facilities Mgr.
Alan Steinman – Owner, Alan Steinman Landscaping
John Barry – Student Council Advisor
Susan Halpin - Teacher
Connor Gillis - Student
Rose Giorlandicco – Student
Kathryn Kendall – student, CLEANARHS,
Zach Mascetta – Student, CLEANARHS
Felipe Silviera – Student, CLEANARHS
Bud Richardson – Facilities
Christine Connolly- AP Environmental Science Teacher
Helen Yong – Writer for “the Reg”
Class Ring Pic
- Students, Cindy Lund and Dick Walsh
- Class ring from 1966 found in courtyard, owner identified, ring returned.
- We are still pursuing this area. Class of 2008 is still a possibility, and Murphy Sisters must be clarified. John Barry and Diane DeSantis will be working with Charles and Ned on this subject.
- Grant for Southborough Ed Foundation was submitted last week. Funding requested was enough to pay for materials for brick walkway, gazebo, and tuition for summer course for 2 teachers to develop curriculum using the outdoor garden.
Planting the Raised Beds this Friday April 17th. and Friday, May 1 2pm-4pm
- Ms. Connelly and her AP Environmental Science students (other students who have permission from their 7th period teachers are welcome to join) will be planting the following early season veggies:
- Connor Gillis will be seeing if we can get these seeds from his family’s garden store.
- Work day scheduled for Friday, May 1st 2pm-4pm. We will be planting other vegetables/perennials that are early plants.
Spray Painting the Brick Walkway
- Alan Steinman brought his tools and we mapped out (in orange spray paint) our brick walkway. Students attending the meeting got to see how a landscaper maps and measures out pieces of a master plan. Seeing the walkway mapped out, helps us visualize how significant this walkway is to the overall plan of the courtyard.
- We are in discussions with Assabet Valley Vocational School to have them build the walkway as part of a course of study for their students. Algonquin will be responsible for the purchase the materials. They just received the master garden plan today.
Tuesday, April 21, 2008 -- 2:05PM -- E107